The Park Mansion 320 East 82nd Street

An iconic beauty in the Upper East Side, the Park Mansion offers a contemporary take on life in New York City. Offering a reflection into the vision of the original architects Elisha Harris Janes and Richard Leopord Leo, the minds behind the Dorilton Apartments on West 71st Street, this architectural masterpiece is simply breath taking.    This pre-war mansion house and housing unit for the Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society of Augusta Synod in the 60s, currently features 6 luxury residential condominium apartments renovated under Amy Kalikow.  Known as the Park Mansion, the building is covered in a Neo-Georgian-style exterior and is located between the First and Second Avenues and 82nd street.   CITY REALTY ARTICLE    This handsome, mid-block, 6-story, Neo-Georgian-style building at 320 East 82ndStreet between Second and First avenues was erected in 1900 and designed by Janes & Leo for the Emanu-El Sisterhood of Personal Service.    From 1931 to 1960 it served as a girls’ dormitory and community house for the Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society of Augusta Synod.    It was then used as a 61-bedroom residence for Lenox Hill Hospital nurses and it was acquired in 1964 by Inwood House that was formerly known as the Magdalen Benevolent Society that was founded in 1830.  The society housed “fallen women” driven to prostitution but later it switched its emphasis to pregnant teenagers.    Janes & Leo were the architects of the glorious Dorilton apartment building on the northeast corner of Broadway and 71st Street and 3 East 85th Street that was erected for Solomon Loeb, a founder of Kuhn, Loeb.    Vincent Benic Architects LLC designed a renovation of the building in 2006. In 2015, it was further renovated for the 30 girls who lived there and was then sold by Inwood House to Mermelstein Holdings for $16 million and then sold to Mitchell Holdings for $23.2 million.     Jeffrey Cole Architects designed the most recent renovation that converted the building into 6 luxury residential condominium apartments.    The building is known as the Park Madison.    CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS AND OTHER NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN NYC, BROOKLYN & QUEENS!       

An iconic beauty in the Upper East Side, the Park Mansion offers a contemporary take on life in New York City. Offering a reflection into the vision of the original architects Elisha Harris Janes and Richard Leopord Leo, the minds behind the Dorilton Apartments on West 71st Street, this architectural masterpiece is simply breath taking.  

This pre-war mansion house and housing unit for the Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society of Augusta Synod in the 60s, currently features 6 luxury residential condominium apartments renovated under Amy Kalikow.

Known as the Park Mansion, the building is covered in a Neo-Georgian-style exterior and is located between the First and Second Avenues and 82nd street.

CITY REALTY ARTICLE

This handsome, mid-block, 6-story, Neo-Georgian-style building at 320 East 82ndStreet between Second and First avenues was erected in 1900 and designed by Janes & Leo for the Emanu-El Sisterhood of Personal Service.

From 1931 to 1960 it served as a girls’ dormitory and community house for the Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society of Augusta Synod.

It was then used as a 61-bedroom residence for Lenox Hill Hospital nurses and it was acquired in 1964 by Inwood House that was formerly known as the Magdalen Benevolent Society that was founded in 1830.  The society housed “fallen women” driven to prostitution but later it switched its emphasis to pregnant teenagers.

Janes & Leo were the architects of the glorious Dorilton apartment building on the northeast corner of Broadway and 71st Street and 3 East 85th Street that was erected for Solomon Loeb, a founder of Kuhn, Loeb.

Vincent Benic Architects LLC designed a renovation of the building in 2006. In 2015, it was further renovated for the 30 girls who lived there and was then sold by Inwood House to Mermelstein Holdings for $16 million and then sold to Mitchell Holdings for $23.2 million. 

Jeffrey Cole Architects designed the most recent renovation that converted the building into 6 luxury residential condominium apartments.

The building is known as the Park Madison.

CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS AND OTHER NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN NYC, BROOKLYN & QUEENS!

 

 

Name *
Name
Danielle Nazinitsky